Each month I teach women in my home at a gathering called “Cultivate.” I share about real life experiences of raising six kids and seek to base it on scripture. I hope each time I speak that you see transparency and experience encouragement, laughter, and conviction. My desire is for immediate application into your own heart first and then intentional parenting to honor Christ.
Below is the video from October’s Cultivate. You can also find it, along with other Cultivate videos for FREE on my VIDEO page. Watch in its entirety or in segments as you can. Share with your friends. Watch alone, with your spouse, with friends, your church group, or gather together some neighbors, make coffee and a dessert and use as a time to build friendships while growing in your walk with the Lord.
Topics addressed in this session include:
- Parenting to train the heart not for appearance sake
- Addressing the root of the sin and looking at the motive of the heart
- What the Bible has to say about discipline and spanking
- What is foolishness
- When to spank
- How to spank
- Purpose of discipline – restoration
- Calming yourself down before discipline
- Calming your child down before discipline
- How young to begin discipline
- How to communicate during discipline, body posture, eye contact, facial expression, wording, tone…
- Other methods to discipline
- Checkpoints to see if discipline session was successful
- One command
- How to apologize
Some of the verses shared include:
- Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from your child.If you strike him with a rod, he will not die.
- Proverbs 22:15 Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction (discipline) drives it far from him.
- Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loves He reproves, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.
- Proverbs 29:15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.
- Proverbs 29:17 Discipline your son and he will give you rest. he will give delight to your heart.
Video from Cultivate, October 2014: Disciplining Children
My desire is to be faithful to what the Lord has called me to do. May these impact your heart and home for Christ.
Rhonda mayGodcontinuetohelpushavecontinualrestorationinourhomes ellis