1. I’m Rhonda Ellis.
2. For the record, I was in my 40’s when I started this blog…until the next week happened.
3. I hope you’ll feel like we’re sitting on the back porch talking, crying, and laughing as we share our journeys in life. #backporchfriends
4. I can do small talk, but prefer deep conversations. #heartfriends
5. I write about: my journey with Christ, parenting to the heart, a peaceful home, #lovingotherswell, #danielkickscancer, friendships, mentoring.
6. John and I married in college 31 years ago.
7. The WHY behind my writing and speaking is so that believers truly #liveoutChrist in the easy and difficult times.
8. I LOVE to read your comments and ideas and hear specific ways you’re applying God’s word to your heart, home, and #lovingotherswell.
9. Our six children are ages 27 – 16.
10. Our home has kids and their friends continually coming and going… and we love having them in our lives.
11. My love languages- Quality Time and Words of Affirmation.
12. My first email address was created after the birth of our 4th child. Mine: firstname.lastname@example.org. John’s: Happywith4@aol.com.
13. I won! Did you know I also speak on goal-setting.^^ lol
14. Ideas dance around in my mind all the time. Squirrel.
15. My son Daniel had cancer at the age of 21. You can read his incredible story and hear his testimony on my website. #danielkickscancer
16. Favorite Christmas family tradition: writing letters to Jesus on His birthday.
17. I am the founder and self-nominated recipient of the Fun Mom Alert award. (I was the only applicant.)
18. Fam TIme is my fav! Talking. Laughing. Spicy Uno. Spades. Netflix. Boating. Skiing.
19. I was a top leader in a home business (Creative Memories) for 21 years- and that’s where my passion and understanding of people skills/leadership skills/business skills grew.
20. Key to people skills: show interest in the other person.
21. I homeskuled for over 20 years until this year. My youngest two love their awesome high school.
22. I have many weaknesses and value the strengths in others.
23. I go on a few annual trips with different groups of girlfriends.
24. CAH became a nonprofit in November 2015.
25. My monthly in-my-home gatherings are called Cultivate. My VIDEOS from Cultivate are free and on this website. Watch alone, with your spouse, and in a group. Share on social media.
26. Largest Cultivate: 120. Topic: homeschooling. Location: our garage.
27. I keep a running list of great BOOKS TO READ and movies to watch. (Please share your favorites with me!)
28. Love sitting around the island in the kitchen with my kids’ friends and hearing about their lives.
29. My four daughters and I share the same middle name.
30. There is freedom apart from legalism.
31.I homeskuled for 20+ years. Until this year when the two youngest were 9th and 11th grades.
32. I know about depression, write about it, and have found Psalms and Job to be incredibly rich.
33. Our fam’s unique passion is hospitality.
34. Come join my facebook page www.facebook.com/theRhondaEllis
35. Love me some quiet.
36. We are University of Florida Gator fans and graduates.
37. True joy is found in obedience to the Lord and in serving Him. #expecttrustobey
38. May God’s will be done in and through Cultivating A Home. #cultivatingahome
39. You can read more about me in a feature story at PinkCoffeePhoto.
40. I always sign my blog posts/emails with a tagline-hashtag-like thing between my first and intentionally lower-cased last name.
41. I sometimes have trouble with boundaries. (Get it?)