Power of Our Words
At September’s Cultivate, I spoke on the Power of Our Words. You can watch the recording on my VIDEO page.
Some of the topics I address in this video are:
- “The length between conviction and repentance is a measurement of our relationship with Christ.” quote from Pastor Matthew Meadows.
- Our words show our spiritual maturity.
- Our words reveal our heart.
- Our words reveal a focus on self or a focus on God or others.
- Our words reflect our intent to heal or hurt.
Some of the verses shared are:
- James 3:8 “But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.”
- Proverbs 15:4 “Kind words heal and help; cutting words wound and maim.”
- Luke 6:45 “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings for evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.”
- Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”
- Proverbs 21:23 “Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.”
- Psalm 141:3 “Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.”
Some of the real-life good/bad examples discussed are:
- a child afraid of the dark
- garage sale unkind words
- helping with homework
- special plate
- how to speak life into your family members’ lives
- celebrating someone’s success when she got what your child wanted
- different ways to rejoice with others who are rejoicing
- handling insecurities
- accidental spills
- how do we respond?
- People over things
- bed wetting
- what if husband’s reactions hurt child
- and more.
What is “Cultivate”?
Cultivate is a monthly gathering in my home, open to all women who want to learn about the Lord in ways that impact their hearts and homes. Often the topic I speak on is related to parenting to the heart of the children. However, all topics first begin with an examination of our own hearts. This is just one reason you can see a wide range of women – single, married, divorced, widows, with children, without children, and grandmothers. Cultivate is non-denominational. We meet the third Tuesday of the month. RSVP is required to email@example.com or on our Facebook page. Dinner is served. Cost $3.
Consider watching the videos with your spouse, family, friends, or small group. They’re free.
Facebook Page and T2T
Come join us on my Facebook page. To ensure updates show up on your newsfeed, be sure to click “get notifications” located under the LIKE button. This is where I want you to feel like community. I’ll be updating some fun family things there soon. We’ll have another book give away. And, when I ask a LIOM (lay it on me) question, I’d LOVE for you to give your input.
Thank you for sharing in this journey of Cultivating a Home with me. I have no idea what God’s plans are, but I know my desire is to proclaim Him and impact hearts and homes for Him. I realize it’s through your word of mouth that it’s growing. Wow. So humbled.
Have a question for T2T? You can email me at Rhonda@cultivatingahome.com.