Here’s a simple idea for you and your family to do during the month of November, the week of Thanksgiving, or the day of Thanksgiving with friends and extended family gathered around.
Thankfulness Tree and 21 Thankfulness Verses
21 Verses on Thankfulness
With 21 days left until Thanksgiving, here are 21 verses you can read, discuss or use in a family devotional, memorize with your family., or copy onto your leaves and adhere to your Thankfulness Tree. You can follow up the reading of scripture with writing something or someone you’re grateful for and adding your leaf to your tree.
- I Chronicles 29:13 And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
- Psalm 30:12 That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
- Psalm 95:1-2 Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; Let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
- Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
- Psalm 105:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
- Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Psalm 107:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.
- Psalm 118:1-5 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever! Let Israel say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let the house of Aaron say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Let those who fear the Lord say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.
- Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Isaiah 12:4-5 And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.
- Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- I Corinthians 1:4 I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus.
- II Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!
- Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God.
- Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
- Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
- Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- I Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Philemon 1:4 I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers.
Be sure to take pictures of your Thankfulness Tree for great memories. Snap some with each child next to the tree and with some of their leaves in view. Be prepared…when you hang this in your home, your guests will be asking you to make one for them.
Tomorrow I’m sharing some photos with you of delivering a few of these trees to our kids at college for them to hang in their houses and share with housemates. You can read that postHERE.
(Shhhh…today I’m mailing two of these banners to my daughters that live in different states! Let’s see if they read my posts and find out before the mail arrives.)
Rhonda whataresomeofyourThanksgivingtraditionsthathonorChrist ellis